- Phillip Buchanon apparently looked real sharp in one on one drills.
- “I’m going to compete. I’m going to do what I’ve got to do to make myself better, because I want to be one of the best. In order to be one of the best, you’ve got to go out there and challenge yourself to be the best every day.”
- Luke McCown took the first QB snaps of the day with whiny boy Garcia gone. Griese was the next player to get reps at QB.
- “Chris and Josh are going to have an opportunity the next few days to take some snaps, get themselves re-acclimated to football and this offense. [Simms] has been inactive for quite some time, hadn’t taken a rep in long time. So we’ll try to get him some more this afternoon and try to get him some more tomorrow and hopefully it will continue to come back to him.”
- The Bucs are not treating Warrick Dunn like an old man as far as reps on the first day of camp was concerned.
- “Because I’m old doesn’t mean I’ve lost it,” said Dunn with a sly smile after that first workout. “I’m still hungry. I’m young at heart and I still have a desire to go out and play at a high level. They’re going to give me an opportunity to prove that I can still play.”
- Apparently, Chris Simms was a bit nervous in camp today.
- “My biggest issues was just conquering nerves today,” Simms said. “I told one guy, it was as nervous as I’ve been since maybe my first start in Texas-Oklahoma.”
- According to Bucstats.com, Michael Clayton was catching everything today. A return to rookie season form would be a huge leap for the Buccaneers offense.
Dick's Sporting Goods presents "Hell Week":