I have been flying all day today, so I apologize for the lack of a post after our impressive win (albeit a preseason joint) vs the Pats. There are a few main things that stuck out in my mind.
- On a personal note, it was great to be back in RayJay last night. I had to get up early this morning and fly, but tailgating with all of our friends from the last few seasons, as well as seeing all the same faces in my section was nice for me, even though it left me exhausted today!
- Our offensive line was dominant the first 2 out of 3 possessions.
- Ryan Sims made a great play early in the game. Not only was my guess of him not making the 53 man roster off, this guy is going to be a big part of our defensive line rotation this year. He looks like the player that the Chiefs thought that they were drafting out of UNC.
- When Gruden is in a groove, our offense runs long drives, eating huge chunks out of the clock. I remember looking at the board after the first drive, and seeing 5 minutes left in the first quarter. Impressive.
- There will be no way to keep Sabby Piscatelli off the field. The guy is a freak athlete and wants it on every play. You can’t keep guys like him from seeing the field.
- Matt Cassell looked like shit. If Barrett Ruud wouldn’t have faux intercepted a pass on the play that ended up getting reviewed, one of our DB’s was picking it off. He was eyeballing every guy he threw the ball to.
- Michael Bennett is fast and quite shifty. The line was opening up holes for him, and he was finding them. I think, even though it is the preseason, and it has only been two games, that we are showing teams that we have an extremely deep team at every position but WR.
- Antonio Bryant looked very Cleveland-esque on his little draft that he turned for 33 yards. The aforementioned dearth of WR might not be so bad if Bryant can return to that old Browns form.
- Jerod Mayo is going to be a stud for the Pats. Sorry rest of the league, but they got another stud to add to the collection. Guy was everywhere, and when he wasn’t in the initial picture, he found his way towards the ball.
- I know the preseason doesn’t mean shit, and honestly, I truly comprehend this fact. This in mind though, any of you morons who clicked on us to win 2 games in the current poll on the website, are well, morons.