- Michael Clayton will get the start this Sunday vs the Bears with Joey Galloway likely to be out.
- “I’ve been told I will be starting, so we’ll see what happens,” Clayton said. “It’s a lot of opportunity for every wide receiver that will be out there…This is one I’ve been waiting for. It’s a tremendous opportunity. It couldn’t have come at a better time. It’s early in the season, so I’ll get a lot of plays out there.”
- Greg White finally got his contract extension. Bruce Allen and the Glazers will reward good players who shut their mouth and show up. White was unhappy but reported only one day late, and now has a new two year extension to show for it.
- Brian Kelly takes real offense to ex Buc players being reffered to as “Rod’s Guys.” Kind of flew off the handle here a little.
- “I mean, look, everybody goes in and says, ‘These are Rod’s guys’ or whatever. We’re football players. We were brought here to play football. So if Rod was here or Rod wasn’t here, the type of defense we play just so happens to be the type of defense we played in. I’m … We’re getting real sick of hearing this whole ‘Rod’s guys.’ Everybody in this room is Rod’s guys.”
- Nice little video with some stuff on the upcoming game from Derrick Brooks and BJ Askew and some talk from Carmella “Jeffrey” Garcia about being the backup.
- It might not have been apparent to many Bucs fans over the past two years, but WR Michael Clayton still sounds very hungry.
- The Bucs activated Jerramy Stevens and released TE Ben Troupe. It appeared as though Troupe had a chance to be a productive player in this offense, but never really seized that opportunity. With John Gilmore, Alex Smith and the recently unsuspended Stevens, Troupe had to go.
- The Bucs have appealed the one game suspension imposed on CB Elbert Mack for his helmet to helmet hit on Matt Ryan. The NFL will hear said appeal either today or tommorow and make a decision before this weekends’ game vs the Bears.
Dick's Sporting Goods presents "Hell Week":