- Derrick Brooks and Matt Bryant won Defensive Player of the Week and Special Teams Player of the Week for their performances on Sunday. Bryant kicked 3 field goals and 3 extra points in an emtional game a day after burying his son, and Derrick Brooks had 3 tackles a forced fumble and an interception (which easily could have been 3).
- Barrett Ruud is making a case as one of the best Mike linebackers in all of football. He is the only linebacker in football with 2 INT’s.
- Jon Gruden gives Brian Griese a vote of confidence?
- ”You’ve got some real good stats there,” Gruden said. ”You know he’s 3-0 as a starter; how about that? We’ve played two very good defenses. The Chicago Bears on the road — he was the player of the week for us last week. He threw a couple interceptions yesterday and we can’t have that. He knows that. But he’s a winning quarterback for us and we’re going to rally around him, continue to try to improve on his strengths and try to clean up a couple plays that hurt us last week.”
- Al Davis is making himself sound like a scenile old bat by calling out and talking shit about half the league. He had a little comment on Buccaneers Defensive Coordinator Monte Kiffin as well.
- Sabby Piscatelli, BJ Askew and Joey Galloway were held out of practice yesterday
- By all indications, Jeff Garcia will be elevated to the #2 QB on the depth chart.
Tags: Al Davis Barrett Ruud BJ Askew Brian Griese Buccaneers Derrick Brooks Jeff Garcia Joey Galloway Jon Gruden Matt Bryant Monte Kiffin Sabby Piscatelli