Sorry for the break in between posts folks, I was away in Las Vegas on my bachelor party. As opposed to letting you know all the dirty details, I’ll move right into a midweek version of Buccaneers links from around the internets.
- Well the long awaited arrival of Cadillac Williams to the 53 man roster has happened. The Bucs released RB Michael Bennett, placed Maurice Stovall on IR, and activated Brian Clark from the practice squad today, making some major roster shuffles.
- A nice little piece on ironman, Kevin Carter from Martin Fennelly of the Tampa Tribune. Most people don’t realize that Derrick Brooks and Kevin Carter are tied for the longest active games streak amongst defensive players at 217.
- Ike Hilliard’s injured back might not yet be healed. There is a possibility that he could miss some more games. This would be a big blow to our team, as Ike is definetely the favorite target on third downs and a reliable end zone target as well.
- Gary Shelton of the St Pete Times, gives kudos to the front office (it’s about time someone finally gave Bruce Allen some respect in the Bay Area) for the signing of WR Antonio Bryant.
- Jon Gruden has quickly dispeled the rumors of him and the open Tennessee college coaching job.
- “I don’t want to even start that. I’ve wanted to be in the NFL my whole life. This is something I’m really excited to do, and this is where I want to be. I’ll leave it at that.”