I have been trying to avoid talking about the Super Bowl because, well, I’m quite jealous that the Bucs are not there. The Cardinals have proven that all that is neccesary is to get to the playoffs, and you can catch a streak and make it to the Dance. Hell, the Bucs did the same thing in our Super Bowl year. We didn’t finish 9-7, but we were a dominant team on one side of the ball, who happen to catch fire, and start playing well on the other side of the ball in the playoffs.
I’m having a little shindig at the casa today, with a bevy of food choices, so before I tell you the prediction, I’ll let everyone in on the menu today.
- Bubba’s Abeula’s Jimmy Dean Cream Cheese Dip
- Dustin’s Homemade French Onion Dip
- Smoked Brisket with Sweet Root Beer BBQ Sauce
- Smoked Baby Back Ribs with Spicy Sierra Nevada Brine and Dustin’s BBQ Sauce
- Lime Vinaigrette Marinated Baked Chicken Wings with Spicy sauce and Homemade Blue Cheese Dip
- Homemade Creamy Cole Slaw with Celery Seed
- Southern Grits with Sausage Fat and Cheddar Cheese
- Rasberry Macadamia and White Chocolate Cookies
- Maple Pecan Squares
- NY Style Black and White Cookies
There you have it kids. While I can’t celebrate my own team today, I’ll surely celebrate food and watch this game and wish.
Before I give you my inconsequential game prediction, please go check out our Arizona Cardinals site, Raising Zona, and our Pittsburg Steelers site, Nice Pick, Cowher, for some much better game coverage, predictions, and rants.
Prediction – Steelers 28-Cardinals 17
I think the Steelers D has been overlooked these past two weeks with all of the Cardinals hoopla coming from the two weeks of having peoples minds churn. This is a D that finished number one in almost every statistical category. They’ve held big receivers in check all season long, check the game logs. I do think that they will have to improvise a little with the blitz packages as Kurt Warner tends to thrive (contrary to popular belief) when teams blitz him and he can get his timing routes completed with his receivers in one on one coverage. I think in the end though, Dick Lebeau, Mike Tomlin and Big Benjamin will lead the Steelers to their 6th Super Bowl win.