With the offseason in full force, our main blogger Dustin Staggers took advantage of his “down time” and decided to get married. The timing was hardly a coincidence. Props to my man for getting married the day after Valentines Day and thus killing two birds with one stone for the rest of their lives. We can all learn a lot from him.
Here are some of the quick hit highlights:
– The ceremony itself was everything you could have asked for, and by that I mean short and to the point. Very nicely done. The best part was when asked, “Do you take this woman to be your wife?”, Dustin responds by saying “Yes.” Classic.
– The food was amazing. My man is known for his culinary skills and I figured it would be good…but not that good. Best wedding food Ive ever had.
– Live band. Old soulful stuff mostly with saxophones, trumpets, keys, drums, and guitar. Male and female vocalists. Lots of head bobbing ensued (which is about the best my two feet will allow from me). Liked it a lot.
– The father of the bride and best man/maid of honor speeches mentioned sports and the Bucs no fewer than 6 times. Dustins little brother exacted some revenge on big brother with some entertaining mentions of fighting, pissing, and the 40 yard dash. Poppa’s speech went a little long and in a couple of random directions but all in all was a sweet homage to his little girl. And at the end of the day, it was HIS wedding…so if he wanted to talk for a couple hours, I don’t think anyone was stopping him.
– Oh and in case you were wondering…the bride was stunning.
Congratulations again to “Big D” Dustin Staggers and his new wife Dara.