ESPN NFC South Blogger Pat Yasinskas has an online chat in which he touches on a variety of topics including:
– Thinking the Bucs will make a big push for Albert Haynesworth
– He makes it seem like TJ Houshmanzadeh is a strong possibility to be opposite Antonio Bryant this year. (Not sure i can agree with that one, it would take some cash to get him here and i just cant justify giving two WRs big money on the same team. How often has that worked out? And dont say Fitz and Boldin because Anquan isn’t being paid)
– Assures we will have competition for McCown at QB, but it may come in the form of pretty boys JP Losman and Sexy Rexy Grossman
– Touches on the rumor that if Derek Anderson can be had for a 3rd rounder, the Bucs would explore it. (Of course, we would explore it…id take it a step further and be all over that. A lot of people are down on him because of his fall off a cliff last year after a surprisingly great season the year before. Didn’t put up numbers last year with an awesome supporting cast. This awesome cast also was at the top of the league in drops and they played BAL & PIT twice plus the NFC East. Tough, tough schedule. 3rd round pick is about right i would guess.)
– Jermaine “Flip” Phillips looks like a good fit in New Orleans (I can see us playing against him in 2009, makes a lot of sense for both sides)
– Thinks the Bucs may make a play for Derrick Ward
– Says there may be a shocker cut like Derrick Brooks or Ronde Barber in the coming weeks, most likely Barber (hmmm…interesting indeed. The community would go crazy, i dont think cutting Brooks is a possibility. Barber is more interesting because of the young talent behind him — Talib, Mack, want to resign PBuc, however i cant see Raheem doing that in his first year. Ronde brings a lot of moxie to the table and you cant replace that).