Hey Bucs fans. I’m a new blogger on this site, so I figured with my first post I would give you some motivation for the game today. I know everyone is a little down after last week, and to tell you the truth it might get worse this week, but let’s all take a deep breath and look at these 5 reasons to have faith in our beloved Bucs.
- Byron Leftwich is setting the standard so low at Quarterback that Josh Freeman will have absolutely no pressure when he finally gets his chance to start. As a veteran leader, I have to applaud Leftwich for this strategy. I guess management knew what they were doing when they kept him instead of Luke McCown.
- Cadillac Williams looked like the Cadillac of old last week. If he can stay healthy the future looks very bright for the Bucs rushing attack. We have a great offensive line and a great change of pace back in Derrick Ward to compliment Caddy. If he can stay healthy, we might be closer to returning to prominence than most people think.
- The coaching staff will get better as the season gets on. This could be this biggest issue that no one is talking about. Almost the entire Bucs coaching staff is new this year. It’s going to take time for these guys to learn this team and get everyone on the same page. Remember, Rome wasn’t built in a day.
- Sabby Piscitelli can’t possibly play worse than he did last week. I haven’t seen someone look that out of place since Michael Vick spoke at a PETA convention. Sabby seems like a hard worker though, so if he can cut down some of those mistakes this defense as a whole should be much better. And if he doesn’t improve, there are a couple of big time safeties that will be available in the next years draft. Which brings me to………
- If you lose all hope, just remember more help is on the way. We should get a very high draft pick in April, and there are a number of great players in the college game right now who could help improve this team.
The losses may continue to pile up for our Bucs, but if they continue to build and show improvement, the future could be very bright.