Ahh, it’s that time already… mock draft time, that is. You may be asking yourself, “The college football season hasn’t even started yet, how can you possibly do a mock draft already?”. Well, the folks over at NFL Mocks are already ahead of the game, and have released their first version of the 2011 NFL Draft.
The order of the picks was determined by a simulation done by the staff to determine the teams’ records, and for all the Buccaneers fans out there, we are once again in for a treat of a season (according to NFL Mocks).
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are projected to go 3-13, which would give them the 4th overall pick. With that pick, the Buccaneers are projected to select Alabama wide receiver, Julio Jones.
- The first pick of the draft, belonging to the Buffalo Bills, is Washington quarterback, Jake Locker.
- Other notable picks include: 9. Jaguars – QB Ryan Mallet, 14. Giants – RB Mark Ingram, 21. Titans – LB Mark Herzlich, 27. Bengals – OL Mike Pouncey
- The Indianpolis Colts, led by Peyton Manning, are projected to come out victorious over Brett Favre’s Minnesota Vikings in the Super Bowl.
- The ’72 Dolphins will once again be in a class of their own, as no team will go undefeated. The top record will belong to the Colts at 14-2.
Topics: Julio Jones