Have you ever wondered what your favorite player listened to before games? Well, the “iPod Insight” series will give you a “comical, yet accurate” take on what we, at The Pewter Plank, believe is playing on some of the Buccaneers’ iPods. Without further ado, let’s jam out to our 2009 first round pick, Josh Freeman’s, iPod.
- My Time by Fabolous ft. Jeremiah – Entering his second season, Freeman will have to give Bucs fans something to cheer about in 2010. Hopefully (for our sake) he can give us some more wins, and compete for a Wild Card spot. It’s Freeman’s time to shine in the bay.
- I Believe I Can Fly by R Kelly – After showing glimpses of stardom last season, Freeman will have to continue that success into 2010, and soar to new heights.
- Lose Yourself by Eminem – Simply put, Freeman cannot give in to the doubters and critics of him. All he has to do is play his game, and as Eminem put it, “You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow”.
- Under Pressure by Queen – When you enter the territory of becoming a starting quarterback in the NFL, you are automatically in the hot seat. Especially when you’re the quarterback of a struggling, young team that has put their faith in you.
- Airplanes by B.O.B. – The song’s main chorus, “I could really use a wish right now”, applies perfectly to Freeman (and the entire Bucs team). Why so? Well, the entire team, especially Freeman, is wishing that Donald Penn will return ASAP!
- I’m Me by Lil Wayne (explicit) – Recently our staff member, Matt, made some comparisons between Freeman and Jamarcus Russell (or what could be of Freeman). With that said, Freeman must not try to model himself after anyone. Just be yourself, and play the game that you have since your playing days at Kansas State.
- Overtime by Ace Hood ft. Akon, T-Pain – A very inspirational song about proving the doubters wrong, Freeman probably has this as one his most played songs. With hard work, and as the song puts it, “It’s do or die…gotta go for it”, Freeman has the chance to be the “Savior of the Bay”.
- Spotlight by Gucci Mane ft. Usher – The song’s title explains it enough… Freeman is in the spotlight, and the only thing that remains, is how will he perform? The song’s main chorus “The spotlight ain’t nothing with ya,” could also refer to the absence of Donald Penn, and how his presence will determine Freeman’s success.
- Fed Up by DJ Khaled – If you haven’t realized, a lot of these songs include some sort of connection back to Donald Penn’s situation, and this song is no different. Josh Freeman is getting frustrated with Penn, and it better get resolved soon.
- Dust in the Wind by Kansas – After his success at his alma mater, Kansas State, Freeman likes to kick back to some of his old roots with one of the greatest ballads ever. Just as the song says, “Nothing lasts forever…”, and his time to lead Tampa Bay is now – it’s time to embrace the moment Mr. Freeman.
Topics: Josh Freeman