Remember that time back in 2002 when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers had defeated the Oakland Raiders, and Jon Gruden was sprinting down the sideline following the interception that capped off the Super Bowl victory? Well, that was one of the greatest moments, if not greatest moment, for many Tampa Bay fans. So when will Tampa make their next Super Bowl appearance?
With a new core under construction, led by quarterback Josh Freeman and second-year coach Raheem Morris, the Bucs may be a few years away from being a contender in the playoffs. But in the strange and crazy world that is known as the NFL, anything is possible. Just look at some recent trends of surprising teams:
- New York Jets (9-7) and Cincinatti Bengals (10-6) in 2009
- Carolina Panthers (12-4) and Miami Dolphins (11-5) in 2008
Could Tampa emerge into a surprise team during the 2010 season? We all hope so! Or will Tampa continue their struggles into 2011? 2012? Or even 2020!? Well, The Pewter Plank would like to know what you think! Leave a comment stating the following:
- When you think Tampa Bay will next reach the playoffs.
- When you think Tampa Bay will make their next Super Bowl appearance?
- Give us your chances of Tampa earning a playoff berth in the upcoming season.
This is the first of many “Fan Response” segments, and we hope you all will participate!
Registered on Facebook? Then follow the Pewter Plank’s Official Fan Page!