Tonight the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will take the field for their first open practice of the new season. The practice will take place from 5:15-7:15 and will be open to all fans and members of the public. This morning however, is the first time the Buccaneers have taken the field as they participate in a quick walk-through, the first organized team action in months.
Unfortunately we can’t be on the scene today (though that will soon change), but we will be keeping you posted with all the latest updates from this morning’s walkthrough right here as well as on Twitter. Keep coming back for updates… Here’s the news so far:
- Davin Joseph, Jeremy Trueblood and Quincy Black cannot officially sign their deal until this afternoon and cannot practice until August 4th because of the rules of the new CBA and the fact the new NFL year doesn’t technically begin until August 4th.
- Ahmad Black is now wearing 43, his college number 35 is taken by Cody Grimm.
- Da’Quan Bowers is wearing Stylez White’s #91, not a good sign for people rooting for the return of Tampa’s off-key veteran pass-rusher.
- Tyrone McKenzie and Mason Foster seem to be splitting the work at MLB.
- McKenzie had the first interception of training camp, picking off Josh Johnson. Cody Grimm snagged a tipped pass off the hands of Sammie Stroughter moments later.
- Da’Quan Bowers started with the first team at left end and according to Stephen Holder and Rick Stroud looks much sharper than expected.
- Brian Price is working with the team and seems to be closer to full health, but began to limp after about 20 minutes on the field.
- Aqib Talib is at camp, as expected, and is still a Buccaneer.
- Josh Jasper, the rookie from LSU brought in to compete with Connor Barth was 1-4 in his first kicks.