Sorry for the lack of updates today, I’ve been busy with the July 31st ritual known as moving day. But, the Bucs wait for no man, no team, nothing and have been hard at work practicing and getting ready all day. Here’s the news and notes from another busy day at Bucs camp:
- The injury to tight end Luke Stocker will now keep him out at least two weeks, but don’t be surprised if it shelfs him a little bit longer. Dr. McKenna will likely shed some more light on hip injuries in his Wednesday column but there’s a possibility this could dog Stocker for the rest of the season.
- Brian Price sat out of part of the practice as he continues to work through the final stages of rehabbing.
- Arrelious Benn is showing little sign of his fairly serious ACL injury early on in camp. As time wears on we’ll see how it feels, but this is great news.
- According to the Roy Cummings the Bucs will take a wait and see approach to re-signing Cadillac Williams, which is to say they’ll see what they have in camp and if there’s a need for a 3rd down back they’ll make Williams an offer. This is kind of insulting to Williams, but as they, ‘it’s a business.’
- Joe at JoeBucsFan caught up with DL Coach Keith Millard who is very high on the Bucs defensive tackles and thinks they just need some fine-tuning on technique. Worth the read.
I’ll have lots more tomorrow.