- Our friends over at NFL Mocks have done an article on potential breakout players for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2013, and one of the answers may surprise you. I think everyone expects Johnthan Banks and Mark Barron to breakout in some ways, but check out the link here and see the third year players they expect to break out. Let’s hope they’re right!
- Marc Sessler at NFL.com wrote an article about the five aspects of the Buccaneers that could drive them to the playoffs, and the things that cause the Buccaneers to be his surprise team of the upcoming season. Check out the article here. It’s refreshing to see someone show faith in Josh Freeman, and respect Darrelle Revis and have confidence that he’ll return to form.
- Over at Bleacher Report, we have another article giving thoughts on the battle for the second corner job. While I have stated that Leonard Johnson is in the mix to earn the job, most people agree that Johnthan Banks and Eric Wright are in a head-to-head battle to line up across from Darrelle Revis. Travis Wakeman says it will be Banks who wins the job. Let us know what you think in the comments.
- And in our final Bucs related link, over at Bucs Nation, Sander has given us a look into the Bucs’ plan for stopping the run, and how it impacts the players they bring in. In particular, how they stop the outside zone run, and what it means for the kind of corners Mark Dominik is bringing in to join the ranks.
- In news from around the league… The New York Jets continue to be the most entertaining franchise around. They have signed Kellen Winslow Jr. after he tried out for the team during OTA’s. Just what the Jets needed, a quiet, hard-working player who never causes drama and does everything the team needs him to do…
That’s it for this Friday’s news and opinions. Stay tuned over the weekend for more Bucs info from The Pewter Plank!