Happy Monday and welcome to another edition of Pewter and Read. Let’s get started with…
- Pat Yasinskas at ESPN.com has continued his top 25 countdown of NFC South players, and his most recent addition is Lavonte David, Buccaneers’ linebacker. He brings up the comparison that everyone thinks of, but doesn’t want to make, to the linebacker who used to wear number 55 for the Bucs. It’s good to see David getting some respect, but I feel like he should be higher on this list.
- I am not a huge fan of the Michael Strahan/Warren Sapp debate, but if you’re interested in reading more about it, apparently Tiki Barber has spoken out to defend his former teammate. NFL.com has the information here.
- Over at JoeBucsFan, Joe has some thoughts about the Bucs’ hopes for wideout Kevin Ogletree, and his connection with new Bucs’ WR coach John Garrett. Ogletree has a chance to emerge as a solid player, which is something that can be said about a lot of Buccaneers this season. Lots of potential hidden under a layer of top talent.
- Punters are people too! But in this case, the Bucs’ punter might not be worth the paycheck. Check out this article from BucsNation taking a look at the value of the Bucs’ punter Michael Koenen.
- And in some good news, there have been a few suspensions this offseason for violations of the substance abuse policy, and so far none of them involve the Tampa Bay Buccaneers! Let’s hope that remains the case.