The week is almost over! Time for another Pewter and Read for another slow news day…
- Over at Pewter Report, Scott Reynolds has some thoughts about what it means for the team to work out against the Patriots as they did last year. Even with the drama surrounding the Pats this offseason, it’s undeniable that the Buccaneers will benefit from working against Tom Brady and Josh McDaniel’s epic offense as they prepare the “No Fly Zone” for regular season action.
- J.J. Rodriguez at Bleacher Report has an article about which player will step up for the Buccaneers’ defense as a leader. It seems that Gerald McCoy is the choice here according to the team, but will someone else emerge as the “by-example” figure for the defense to follow?
- The Bucs are 50-to-1 to win the Super Bowl, according to Vegas oddsmakers. If you can find a place to legally gamble, keep that in mind. If not, just keep in mind that no one expects the Buccaneers to have a shot this year.
- Simeon Rice is not shy about jumping into the Strahan/Sapp debate. He spoke to local radio in Tampa Bay and told them he felt he was in a class of his own, pointing to his yearly production as opposed to Strahan’s longevity. Who would you rather have in his prime, Rice or Stahan?
- And to finish, here’s a feel-good story about the Bucs helping out a local youth team that was in need of assistance after vandals stole their equipment and burnt down their field house. There’s too much bad news out there not to focus on a story like this.
That’s it for today. Join us again tomorrow for more Bucs news and opinions.
Tags: Tampa Bay Buccaneers