The work week is over! Time for some Pewter and Read.
- We discussed some possible options for the Buccaneers at tight end this week, but the Patriots are obviously in more desperate need. Over at Musket Fire, they’re talking about Dallas Clark as the best fit. I wish him the best of luck, but I certainly won’t be afraid of him if he’s lined up against the Buccaneers when the teams meet this fall.
- Over at Bleacher Report, we can find an article about five Bucs who are on the bubble for a roster spot. I feel like the one to keep an eye on is Cody Grimm, as he has a lot to offer as an experienced safety and special teams ace, but is injury prone and had some legal issues this offseason.
- The Buccaneers’ official website has a very nice breakdown of just how many players at each position the Buccaneers have heading into camp season, and they give a nice overview of each position as well. One of the most interesting things to watch will be how many quarterbacks are kept, and if it’s three, which position will forfeit a player to make room for Glennon and Orlovsky.
- Now two from Pat Yasinskas over at ESPN. The first is a look at the can’t miss player for each team in the NFC South. Pat says it’s Darrelle Revis for the Buccaneers, which is something I disagreed with not so long ago. But it’s hard to deny that losing Revis would be a huge blow to the Bucs’ 2013 plans.
- The second article from Pat is yet another Buccaneer in his top 25 NFC South players for 2013, and it’s Vincent Jackson coming in at number 16. Vincent is a bit of an unsung hero kind of wideout, who never has received a ton of national recognition. This is a big year for Josh Freeman, so it could be a big year for VJax, as well.
- And finally, for all my fellow stat nerds, Mike Clay at Pro Football Focus had an excellent article today introducing oTD, his new expected touchdown statistic that measures… well, I’ll let him explain it. Check out the link and give it a read, it’s truly a fascinating bit of research into the likelihood of scoring on passing plays.
That’s it for the week of Pewter and Read. Tune back in on Sunday for a weekend wrapup!
Tags: Tampa Bay Buccaneers