Welcome back to Pewter and Read on The Pewter Plank. Here’s what we’re keeping an eye on.
- The Pewter Plank’s podcast is available on iTunes! Check it out here, and subscribe to get every episode as soon as it hits the internet. Also, once we’ve got a few episodes online, feel free to give it a review on iTunes and let us know how we’re doing!
- Over at Pewter Report, Mark Cook has an article about how Mark Barron is going to benefit from the veterans who now surround him in Tampa Bay. Cook also alludes to Barron’s tendency to get caught in no man’s land, something discussed on the very same podcast you can listen to above.
- The Buccaneers have announced the themes for every home game of the 2013 season, which includes the throwback game against the Arizona Cardinals on September 29th, and Ring of Honor day on Monday Night Football in November. They also want to let you know you can get your tickets starting in just a couple of weeks (and you should!).
- Over at BucsNation, Sander gives us this article discussing the going rate for quarterbacks, and why it’s probably wise that the Buccaneers aren’t extending the contract of Josh Freeman until they’re sure he’s the franchise QB.
- Looking to get a bit nerdy with your fantasy football preparation? Take a look at the quarterbacks who are best and worst against pressure courtesy of Pro Football Focus, and how it impacts their fantasy point production. Take note of Josh Freeman, who is almost twice as productive as a fantasy QB when he isn’t facing pressure.
That’s it for today. Tune back in tomorrow for more!