Welcome to the mid-week edition of Pewter and Read. Let’s get started…
- Our first article comes from BucsNation, who has been keeping an eye on ProFootballTalk’s top 100. It seems like Florio’s crew has a better handle on the top 100 than the NFL players did, so check out Sander’s thoughts and check out the list for yourself.
- Much like the recent articles here at The Pewter Plank answering questions about Greg Schiano and his outlook as Bucs’ head coach, J.J. Rodriguez at Bleacher Report has his take on how Greg Schiano will fare in his second season in Tampa.
- Over at the Tampa Bay Times, Stephen Holder gives his thoughts on what the Matthew Stafford contract extension means for Josh Freeman’s future deal. Be sure to keep an eye on any other QB contracts that might come up this offseason, and they’ll all be used as barometers for Freeman’s future contract.
- Over at Yahoo!, Jeff Briscoe gives his thoughts on the new Buccaneers on offense and shares how he feels they’ll do in Tampa. With so much focus on the defense, and Revis in particular, it’s always good to look at the guys the Buccaneers added on offense as well.
- And finally, the Bucs’ official website brings us this interesting bit of information about Josh Freeman’s performance in throwback jersey games. Not sure this is meaningful in any way besides as an interesting bit of trivia, but it is a nice look back at some of Josh’s better moments of his first few years.
That’s it for today, be sure to tune in again tomorrow for more Pewter and Read.
Tags: Tampa Bay Buccaneers