Football is just weeks away, so let’s try get through these tough, boring times with some Bucs’ news from around the web.
- The Tampa Bay Times’ Stephen Holder has this article about the Buccaneers’ tight end situation, stating that Luke Stocker will have competition in camp this year. I stated on the Pewter Plank Podcast that I thought Luke Stocker could be a breakout player for the Bucs in 2013, so it will be interesting to see if he stands out from the group of tight ends.
- Forbes did their thing and valued out the world’s sports franchises once again, and the Buccaneers showed up at number 18. Shows that the team is still in good shape, no matter what some might lead you to believe. The value of Manchester United also shows the Glazers have a ton of assets, but it’s to be questioned how well they’re doing financially as a result.
- Over at the NFC South ESPN blog, the top 25 players in the NFC South rolls on with Darrelle Revis making his appearance at number five. Nice to see Revis getting respect, as I believe many media outlets have forgotten just how good he was before his injury.
- Also over at ESPN, Mr. Yasinskas also posted an article about the most valuable assistant coaches in the NFC South, and for the Buccaneers, it’s new quarterback coach John McNulty. It’s his job to work with Mike Sullivan to make sure Josh gets it together in 2013, so he’s definitely very valuable.
- And finally, the Bucs’ official website put out some fantasy football advice. It’s probably really biased, but if you want to further justify being a homer in fantasy football, check it out!
That’s it for today. Enjoy the home run derby!
Topics: Tampa Bay Buccaneers