We’re 13 days away from the first preseason game in the NFL this year. So we’re getting close to football. Here’s what we’ve been reading today to pass the time until real football is back…
- To begin, we look to Bleacher Report, where J.J. Rodriguez has this article about five storylines to watch as we head into camp season. It’s a pretty good summary, so check it out.
- Also at B/R, we have an article from Matt Stein, who has his pick for each team’s breakout player. For the Buccaneers, he has selected Da’Quan Bowers. If the Buccaneers are going to be successful in 2013, they’ll need a pass rush, and Bowers is one of the best potential sources of that pass rush.
- Want more info on Buccaneers’ return man and running back Jeff Demps? Check out this article from Roy Cummings, who summarizes the situation fairly well.
- The Mike Williams situation isn’t over. There hasn’t been much progress on a contract extension, meaning the wide receiver is inching closer to playing out his final year without long-term security. Is there a chance his Twitter outbursts have damaged his standing with the team, whether or not the tweets were directed at the Buccaneers? More on the situation can be found here, at Pewter Report.
- And finally we have some reasonable player rankings, as PFT has finished their top 100 players in the NFL, and the Buccaneers’ Darrelle Revis is number 10. Only two defensive players rate higher, and neither is a defensive back. That makes a lot more sense, doesn’t it?
That’s it for today. Be sure to check out the latest edition of the podcast, and join us again tomorrow for more Buccaneers’ news and thoughts!
Topics: Tampa Bay Buccaneers