The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will take to the field in a few days, but for now, let’s get you caught up on what we’re reading about them.
- Let’s start with a very interesting article from J.J. Rodriguez over at Bleacher Report. He has full predictions for team awards and a record prediction as well, and there’s certainly some reason for optimism for Buccaneers’ fans after reading it through. I don’t agree with it all, but I don’t find anything to call out as off-base or wrong, either. I will do my predictions after the third preseason game, but if you want someone’s projections now, check out J.J.’s. He’s been going to camp and has been plugged in with the team, so he’s not writing in the dark.
- And now for some bad news. Bucs Nation passed along a tweet that indicated Carl Nicks might be out for a while. Keep in mind there has been plenty of misinformation circulating about Nicks’ infected blister, so don’t trust everything you hear. But if he has to miss extended time, that would be disappointing.
- Next our friend Gil Arcia over at Pewter Report has this article about potential breakout star Mark Barron. It’s hard to not be excited about this guy. He has shown flashes of brilliance, and the hope is that he’ll take it to the next level this year.
- And as always, check out Pewter Report’s breakdown of the news to know from camp today.
- And finally, former Buccaneer and current lawyer Brad Culpepper is a finalist to be on Survivor. If you care about Surivor, enjoy this bit of information. Also, he wasn’t a linebacker… but the news is still the same.
That’s it for today. Join us tomorrow for more.