The defensive ratings for Madden 25 are out now on the EA Sports website. So let’s take a look at some where the Buccaneers rank on defense.
- Darrelle Revis is the highest rated Buccaneer, and the most highly rated defensive back in the entire game, with a 97 overall. His 93 Speed and Awareness ratings combine with 99 Man Cover skills and 90 Press skills to earn him the top spot.
- Gerald McCoy is the next best defensive Buccaneer, with a 93 overall rating. He has 72 Speed, which is just 2 points below the speed of quarterback Josh Freeman, to go with 90 Strength, 96 Power Moves, and 90 Pursuit.
- Dashon Goldson comes in at 90 overall, and features a 96 hit power. Be prepared to force some fumbles with the video game version of “The Hawk.”
- The Buccaneers other safety, Mark Barron, is a bit lower on the rankings with an 80 overall score. He is held back by a 60 awareness, but has a 94 hit power and 85 pursuit. The Buccaneers’ safeties will be fearsome for offenses in Madden 25.
- Young star linebacker Lavonte David just missed being in the 90′s with an 89 overall grade. His agility score comes in just four points behind the score for Doug Martin, meaning he’ll be able to change directions very well on defense in the new Madden game.
- But it wouldn’t be Madden ratings without some real puzzling decisions. Cody Grimm comes in one point higher in overall ratings than Leonard Johnson (71 to 70). In fact, Johnson and Anthony Gaitor have the same overall ranking, which is as far from reality as possible.
- Rookie defensive ends William Gholston and Steven Means both received a 67 overall rating. Means has higher speed, but lower strength than Gholston, but both ends balance out to have the same score. Akeem Spence and Johnthan Banks have a score of 71 and 72, respectively.
- And finally, my boy Danny Gorrer is criminally underrated, earning a 64 rating in Madden 25. He only has an 88 speed, which is a bit unfair, and his coverage skill scores are similar to those of outside linebacker Jacob Cutrera. Madden definitely got this one wrong.
So what do you think about the Bucs defenders’ Madden 25 rankings? Let us know in the comments below.