Tuesday was the first day of voluntary minicamp for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and with it came lots of news on both sides of the ball.
According to Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times, all 75 players under contract were present today.
Here’s the latest news from the offensive side:
- Carl Nicks still hasn’t recovered from his past injuries and thus will not take part in minicamp. He said however that he aims to be ready for training camp. Nicks says that he still has pain and nerve damage in his foot according to Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times.
- With Nicks not taking part, Oniel Cousins, Patrick Omameh and Jason Foster took snaps with the first team.
- Auman reports that Luke Stocker has fully recovered from his hip injury.
- Jeff Demps said he has worked been working in the slot during the off-season according to Auman.
- Roy Cummings of the Tampa Tribune reports that Eric Page primarily handled punt returns today but did see some reps at receiver.
- Head coach Lovie Smith is a big fan of the Bucs running back corps despite their small stature. Stroud also reports that Doug Martin and Bobby Rainey will likely be catching a lot of passes out of the backfield.
- Wide receivers Chris Owusu and Louis Murphy both saw time with the first unit.
- Martin has dropped eight pounds and now weighs 215. Mike Glennon checked in at 225, seven pounds lighter than last season.
- Josh McCown and Glennon threw the ball well according to Stroud, with Smith having this to say about Glennon’s performance.
- Smith did confirm that Martin is the starter at running back but said that others will get playing time.
To read the defensive notes, click here
Tags: Tampa Bay Buccaneers