It’s Tuesday, which can only mean one thing: OTA notes.
Lovie Smith’s Tampa Bay Buccaneers were on the field again today and as per usual, it comes with a number of notes, courtesy of the local media. For the first time, assistant coaches were allowed to talk to the media.
Here are today’s notes:
- D.J. Moore is leading the pack to be the starter for the Bucs at the nickel position
- Mike Evans and Vincent Jackson did not take part because of their hamstring injuries
- Alterraun Verner and Dashon Goldson, among others, also did not take part
- Recently signed cornerback Quinton Pointer had two interceptions today, catching the eye of defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier
- Frazier adds that Ka’lial Glaud has the edge for the fifth linebacker spot
- Carl Nicks was absent again, so Oniel Cousins played at left guard with the first team
- Austin Seferian-Jenkins was absent today because he was in class
- Jeff Tedford says Mike Glennon has picked up the offense well and adds that Josh McCown is a true pro
- Tedford also likes the options he has at tight end
- Bucs running back coach Tim Spencer is high on Charles Sims
- Expect Doug Martin to have less of a workload this season
- The Bucs will give out free Derrick Brooks bobbleheads against the Rams, where he will be inducted into Bucs Ring of Honor
Tags: Tampa Bay Buccaneers