On Wednesday, Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Lovie Smith decided to stick with Josh McCown as the team’s starting quarterback over giving the job back to Mike Glennon. In the past, Lovie has stayed true to the belief that Glennon is the Bucs’ quarterback of the future. However, while speaking with the media yesterday, Smith may have countered his argument a little bit by throwing a vote of confidence towards McCown.
“Josh is our quarterback,’’ Smith said. “He gives us the best chance to win.”
“We’re not looking at guys,’’ Smith said. “It’s like every other week. The guys that start are the guys that I think give us the best chance to win. That’s not going to change. Week 16 it will be the same way.’’
With the Buccaneers already out of playoff contention, Smith should be focusing his attention on addressing any concerns regarding the roster going forward. This includes whether or not Glennon is truly the right man for the job. After all, McCown has already proven in the past that he is a serviceable backup.That is, of course, unless Lovie already has his mind made up and is keeping his cards close to his chest. Lovie isn’t going to make these next couple of months any easier on us, huh?
More from The Pewter Plank
- Buccaneers: 3 concerns for Ronald Jones II entering 2020 season
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Pewter Plank Madden franchise part 1
- Buccaneers: Why Tampa Bay should sign safety LaDarius Wiley
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Landing Jamal Adams would change everything
- Buccaneers: 5 best moves from Tampa Bay’s 2020 offseason