WR Spencer Schnell
Undrafted out of Illinois State University, WR Spencer Schnell is off to a promising start to work his way towards making the final 53-man roster. While he is listed at just 5-8 and 180 pounds, Schnell showed a ton of heart against the Steelers.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
In his first game in the pewter and red, Schnell hauled in seven passes for 119 total yards for the Buccaneers. While this is mostly against second and third teamers, it was a solid step in the right direction for the undrafted wide receiver; it has been highly reminiscent of the start of Humphries’ career with the Buccaneers.
Schnell finished his senior season with the Redbirds with 872 yards receiving and nine touchdowns on 65 catches. Over the length of his collegiate career with over 2,000 yards receiving and 14 touchdowns on 175 catches.
While Schnell did not receive an invite to the combine in March, he put on a show at his pro day. Schnell ran a 4.5 second 40 yard dash time and a blazing 6.71 second three-cone drill. A receiver with that amount of agility in the open field will have the ability to break off routes against nickel corners, safeties, and linebackers that he will be matched up against in the slot.