The Ravens are not quite what they used to be when one Harbaugh brother beat the other in the Super Bowl just a few years ago.
Their defense isn’t so intimidating, and the offense has suffered scandal, and injuries as they’ve struggled to regain traction.
More from Bucs Draft
- The Athletic’s early NFL Mock Draft has the Bucs taking a Top 5 QB in 2024
- Bucs front office reveals one thing the team missed during NFL Draft
- Peter King explains simple reason why Bucs passed on drafting Will Levis
- Mel Kiper Jr. hands out his official Buccaneers draft grade
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers undrafted free agents tracker 2023
There are two prospects who are at or near the top of their positional rankings available in key areas of need. Corner back and wide receiver both saw crucial Ravens go down to injury, and both will be returning for 2016.
Vernon Hargreaves III has to be the selection at number six for two reasons. First, the Ravens already have Breshad Perriman on the roster. The 2015 first-round selection didn’t have the rookie season they had hoped he would, but he’s a first rounder and needs to produce like one. Returning from his injury won’t be easy, but he has the talent. Besides, drafting receivers with back-to-back top picks is no formula for success. Second, Hargreaves III is the best corner in the class (considering Ramsey’s predicted move to safety), and there aren’t many pro-ready prospects behind him.
Previously: Laquon Treadwell – WR – Ole Miss
Next: 7. San Francisco 49ers