We have already seen two former Arians players from Arizona sign with Tampa Bay and one re-sign with Minter inking an extension last night. Markus Golden could make a hat trick of former Cardinals to make their way to the Bucs and play under their former coach again.
More from Bucs Free Agency
- Buccaneers lose free agent starter to Kansas City Chiefs
- Buccaneers free agent tracker: Who’s coming and going in 2023?
- 5 Buccaneers who probably won’t be back now that Tom Brady has retired
- Buccaneers are taking first step in the right direction for the offseason
- Why the Buccaneers should consider a near roster blow-up
Coming off of an injury in 2018, Golden recorded two and a half sacks and five tackles behind the line of scrimmage; he also hit the quarterback an additional six times. Golden was one of many Arizona players to suffer at the hands of head coach Steve Wilks in 2018, especially considering he recorded 12.5 sacks just two years before.
In need of getting some help for Jason Pierre-Paul in regards to rushing the passer, Golden is only 27 and could pay big dividends for the Bucs on a similar one-year “prove it” deal that teammate Bucannon received yesterday.
It is not expected that Golden will drive a hard bargain on the open market, which is music to the ears of Licht and the Bucs, who are still working on a budget. Keep an eye on Golden as free agency officially opens today as he has ties to Arians and defensive coordinator Todd Bowles.