Tampa Bay Buccaneers fans have waited patiently
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan base is one of the most patient fan bases in the league and there’s no doubt about that in any way.
No matter how you spin it, Buccaneers fans have been one of the most-tortured fan bases in the NFL and it seems that it could be coming to an end soon.
Tampa Bay enters the 2020 season as one of the favorites to compete for a spot in the postseason, but it’s been quite some time since we’ve seen the Bucs in the playoffs.
For those counting along, it’s been 12 years. A lot has changed in that amount of time, but it certainly hasn’t changed the loyalty, dedication and long-suffering of the Buccaneers fan base.
- George W. Bush was President of the United States.
- In January, Sen. Barack Obama declared his candidacy for President.
- ‘Umbrella’ by Rihanna and ‘Party Like a Rockstar’ by Shop Boyz topped the charts.
- Superbad, Bridge To Terebithia, Into the Wild, Juno, Norbit and Ratatouille were popular movies released.
- On June 11, the first iPhone was released.
- The Big Bang Theory, iCarly and Gossip Girl were trending TV shows.
- Jeff Garcia was the starting QB for the Bucs. He was selected to the Pro Bowl.
Buccaneers fans have waited for far too long
Time flies when you’re having fun, but it can seem like an eternity when you’re in the midst of great sorrow. That phrase may not be more true than when you’re talking about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Bucs fans have patiently stood with the franchise for more than a decade as they’ve watched their team fall short time and time again. They’ve seen their team lose games they should’ve won, miss out on key signings and not be able to get over the hump time-and-time again.
That brings us to 2020.
It’s a new year. It’s a new season. And there’s a renewed hope around Tampa Bay.
Could this be the year that Bucs fans have waited for? Could this be the season that finally breaks the streak and ends that long run of missing postseasons.