Most Memorable Events
So, what about the memorable events of the year 2007?
Well, first no one can forget about the Buccaneers’ emphatic 37-3 win over the Atlanta Falcons to clinch the NFC South Division. Tampa Bay would go on to lose in the wild-card round of the playoffs that year, but that game would mark the last time in more than a decade (and still going currently) that the Bucs would bring home a division trophy.
- Nancy Pelosi becomes the first female Speaker of the House
- Apple CEO Steve Jobs introduces the original IPhone, beginning a new era of smartphones.
- The IPhone is released in June.
- NASA’s Messenger spacecraft makes its second fly-by of Venus en route to Mercury.
- The Big Bang Theory premiers on CBS.
These are just some of the popular things happening in culture at the time.
The point of this article is to simply point out that it’s been quite a while since we’ve seen the Buccaneers in the playoffs and Tampa fans should be excited about the prospect of what could happen this season.