The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will have a key piece of their offense active for Week 8, as receiver Chris Godwin will suit up despite being listed as questionable.
This is huge news for the Bucs, as the team is set as an 8.5-point underdog against the Buffalo Bills.
Godwin has been one of the team’s most reliable offensive players this season, so the team certainly is glad he won’t miss time with his neck injury.
Chris Godwin injury status for Week 8 matchup vs. Buffalo Bills
Godwin is listed as questionable with a neck injury, but he is expected to play on Thursday night after logging a limited practice session.
Best Chris Godwin prop bet for Week 8 vs. Bills
Chris Godwin OVER 5.5 receptions
Godwin may not be the big-play or touchdown threat that Mike Evans is, but he’s going to move the sticks for this Tampa Bay team.
This season, Godwin has at least five catches in all but one game, and he’s picked up six or more receptions in three straight.
That gives him a solid floor to clear this prop, and with Tampa Bay likely falling behind, the team will need to throw it more often than not.
If you’re thinking of tailing this prop bet, consider doing so at DraftKings Sportsbook! New users who sign up with the link below and wager $5 will instantly receive $200 in bonus bets!
Chris Godwin injury history
- Dec. 2019: Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 – missed two games
- Sept. 2020: Concussion – missed one game
- Sept. 2020: Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 – missed two games
- Oct. 2020: Hand Finger Fracture – missed one game
- Dec. 2021: Knee ACL Tear Grade 3 – missed rest of season
- Sept. 2022: Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull – missed two games
When is Chris Godwin coming back?
Godwin is good to go in Week 8 against the Buffalo Bills despite being listed as questionable with a neck injury.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers next 5 opponents
- Houston Texans, Sunday, Nov. 5
- Tennessee Titans, Sunday, Nov. 12
- San Francisco 49ers, Sunday, Nov. 19
- Indianapolis Colts, Sunday, Nov. 26
- Carolina Panthers, Sunday, Dec. 3
Buffalo Bills injury report
- Dawson Knox – out
- Quintin Morris – out
- Ed Oliver – questionable
- Baylon Spector – out
- Jordan Phillips – questionable
Tampa Bay Buccaneers injury report
- Matt Feiler – out
- Chris Godwin – questionable
- Baker Mayfield – questionable
- Kaevon Merriweather – out
- Vita Vea – questionable
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
Find Peter Dewey's betting record here.