Oct 5, 2014; New Orleans, LA, USA; Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Lovie Smith before their game against the New Orleans Saints at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Mandatory Credit: Chuck Cook-USA TODAY Sports
It’s official, Jameis Winston is a member of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Shortly after 8 p.m., NFL commissioner Roger Goodell walked onto the stage inside the Auditorium Theatre in Chicago, Ill. and revealed what everyone expected to hear all along. And once the Bucs’ first phone call with Winston came to an end, head coach Lovie Smith and general manager Jason Licht spoke with the media to discuss everything from the moment they knew Jameis was going to be their No. 1 pick to what separated the former Seminoles quarterback from the rest of the pack.
In addition to answering the questions thrown his way, Lovie had some great one-liners. Enjoy all that and more in 5 Things You Need to Know About Lovie Smith’s Press Conference on Jameis Winston.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023