With free agency looming, reports have begun to surface about Doug Martin having the chance to test free agency, and that he is looking to hit the jackpot. Should that happen elsewhere, what options to the Buccaneers have at running back?
With the franchise tag designation period opening up earlier this week, the time has come for teams to look at their rosters and decide if they have a player worthy. Who, if anyone, is worth locking up? The Buccaneers are in the midst of this decision right now, and the main subject of the conversation is Doug Martin.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
As we reported yesterday, it doesn’t look like the franchise tag will be given to Martin. He wants to hit the “jackpot”, and as much as both sides want the other, the Bucs might not sign Martin. They still may, but nothing is impossible.
With that, here are five alternatives in the free agent market, should Martin decide to go elsewhere.
Next: Chris Ivory