Buccaneers: Five Potential Replacements for Doug Martin
James Starks will not jump out at you as a viable replacement, spending his career as a change of pace back in his own right. In 2015, he posted his best season with 601 yards on the ground on 148 carries. In 2013, he posted his career best yards per carry average of 5.5. For his career, Starks has averaged 4.3 yards per carry. He has been a decent receiver, with 106 catches over his six-year career.
More from Bucs News
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
- Todd Bowles admits he only looks at three things on Bucs schedule
So why could be a replacement for Martin? When Starks has been given the opportunity to lead the rushing attack, he has gotten the job done. In six games in his career, when Starks has carried the ball at least 20 times, he has averaged 94 rushing yards per contest. Starks has been proven to be an able-bodied lead running back when called upon to do so.
Don’t count Starks out to fill Doug’s shoes, should he bolt to points elsewhere.
Next: Lamar Miller