5. Ali Marpet
Our number five choice joins us from the most recent draft. Marpet makes the list in part because of his story. He was a division three college player, from a small school known as Hobart College. He came on strong through the Senior Bowl and his pro day, making a name for himself and earning a second round draft pick from Jason Licht.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
How did he do? He started every game he was healthy for, 13 in total. He only remains at number five because he didn’t play the full season. When he did play, he was very solid, putting up a Pro Football Focus grade of 70.1. He was 11th overall in run blocking with a grade of 85.7.
Not too shabby for a guy from a school that hardly anyone ever heard of before.
Next: Number Four