2016 NFL Draft: The Last Ten Choices at Number Nine
3 of 12
In 2006, the Lions selected Ernie Sims with the ninth pick.Â He started every game in Detroit over his first three years, and they were solid.Â He posted over 100 tackles each year while starting on the right side, proving to be a stout tackler. He fell off in production the following year, posting only 49 tackles, and he was traded to the Philadelphia Eagles prior to the 2010 season.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
He put in some strong performances later in his career with the Dallas Cowboys, but he never came close to 100 tackles again.Â But in his time, Sims wasÂ a strong player on the defensive side of the football.