2016 NFL Mock Draft 8.0: Post Trade Edition
For the first time here on The Pewter Plank, Laremy Tunsil is not the top pick. Instead, he’s supplanted by Cal quarterback Jared Goff as the Rams look to grab their franchise leader.
In the grand debate between Goff and North Dakota State quarterback Carson Wentz, the points and counterpoints will continue until April 28th when the Rams let all of us know who they’re picking. Afterwards their careers will undoubtedly be tied together.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
For the Rams, the pick has to be Goff as he is simply the most pro-ready of the two and is capable of starting from day-one, which they’ll need him to do in order to justify such a high price tag trading for the top pick.
This move is more about timing than anything else. The Seattle Seahawks are the NFC West’s best team but have been hit hard by free agency this off-season. The Cardinals look to have improved overall, but with an aging quarterback the team is one sack away from disaster. The 49ers are a mess, and with a running back like Todd Gurley, weapons on the outside like Tavon Austin, and a competitive defense, Goff will look to be the missing piece getting his team on top of their division rivals in 2016.
Previously: (TEN) Laremy Tunsil – OT – Ole Miss
Next: 2. Cleveland Browns