The Bucs’ Doug Martin and Charles Sims were the best backfield duo in the NFL last year, and they will hope to continue punishing defenses again in the 2016 season. Martin will lead the way, fresh off of his 2015 season where he ranked second in the NFL in rushing, with Sims as the perfect complement.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
The third running back spot is up for grabs. Between Mike James, Storm Johnson, Peyton Barber, and Russell Hansbrough there is no evident favorite. Mike James could best these other backs because of his second year knowing the offense.
Next: Wide Receiver