Week 3 @ Houston Texans
Passing: 261 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
Total Points: 12 pts
In a game which was marred by rookie kicker Kyle Brindza missing three field goals it was another rough day for the Bucs and a rough day for Winston as well.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
While 261 yards will always be enough to give a team a fighting chance, the team’s inability to score once in position came back to haunt them in the end as the team left at least ten points off the board in missed kicks, and potentially left 22 points off the board by not getting into the end zone.
In a matchup which ended in a 19-9 win for Houston, Mike Evans emerged as the favorite target as he hauled in seven catches for over 100 yards.
After nearly cracking the top-10 for fantasy quarterbacks in Week 2, Winston fell all the way to 21st in Week 3 and was most likely sitting on the free agent market in the majority of leagues, aside from the occasional Bucs’ die-hard who just had to have him.
Finished Right Below: Kirk Cousins – Washington Redskins
Finished Right Above: Phillip Rivers – San Diego Chargers
Next: Week 4