To start off, let’s take a look at the presumptive interior starters at defensive tackle.
Gerald McCoy is the obvious lock here. McCoy was able to play with a variety of injuries last year, and still managed to total eight and a half sacks. McCoy is an absolute menace in both the run and pass game, and will continue to do so as long as he is able to stay healthy.
More from Bucs News
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
- Todd Bowles admits he only looks at three things on Bucs schedule
To McCoy’s side will likely be Clinton McDonald or William Gholston. Unfortunately last year, McDonald’s 2015 year season was cut short due to injury, but during his 2014 season he was able to make his presence felt.
William Gholston is a name you might be surprised to see here. Gholston can play both the edge, but also the interior. Gholston’s versatility could help see his way into a role on the inside next to McCoy in certain packages. Last year Gholston was the one player across the defensive line who really took a step forward, and in a contract year, don’t be surprised to see his play level increase.
It’s all about the money.
Next: The D-Ends