Week Three: vs. Los Angeles
It’s the home opener! Fire them cannons! The Bucs return to Tampa to open their home schedule against the new/old Los Angeles Rams. Jared Goff, Todd Gurley and company come in from the left coast to try and spoil Jameis Winston’s second career home opener.
More from Bucs News
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
- Todd Bowles admits he only looks at three things on Bucs schedule
Why is it big? First, because it’s the home opener. Nothing puts the season onto the wrong foot more than losing the opener in front of your home faithful. The fans are fired up, the team is fired up, and to be successful in the NFL, you must take care of business at home. It starts with the first one.
The Bucs also lost to the Rams last year. They were actually dominated, down 28-6 after three quarters. Gurley only posted 48 yards, put Case Keenum was nearly perfect, posting a 158 passer rating.
The newly improved pass rush will need to give Jared Goff everything he can handle and get the Bucs a win to open the home campaign.
Next: Week Seven