As we continue our season preview for the Buccaneers, who are the five best running backs they will face?
Make no mistake, the Buccaneers are blessed. In a league that is becoming more of a passing league with each passing minute, the Bucs have one of the few elite running backs left. Doug Martin came back to prominence and then some in 2015, placing second in the league with 1,402 rushing yards. He’s healthy and there is no reason to believe that he won’t look as strong or stronger in 2016.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Buccaneers should not sign any veteran free agent wide receivers
- Buccaneers smartly connected to perfect offensive free agent fit
- Buccaneers still need to address biggest problem before camp
- Most likely cuts coming for the Buccaneers wide receivers
- Terrible Buccaneers take that needs to quickly disappear
However, there are some other strong running backs remaining in the league. The Bucs face some of them.
With training camp approaching, we have been previewing the upcoming season. The other day, we started a series looking at the five best players at a given position that the Bucs face this year. We started with the quarterbacks. Now we move on to the guys carrying the rock, and look at the five best running backs on the 2016 schedule.