Buccaneers’ quarterback Jameis Winston is growing into an elite player before our very eyes. Check out these throws from week one.
The Buccaneers started the head coaching career of Dirk Koetter on the right foot in week one, topping the division rival Falcons by the score of 31-24. As we have talked about, Jameis Winston was huge, posting four touchdowns and 281 passing yards. All indications are that he is right on track to continue his play that made him one of three quarterbacks ever to throw for 4,000 yards in their rookie season.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
The numbers don’t tell us the whole story. The “eye” test can be much more telling, and when we apply it to Jameis, we see just how good the young Bucs’ quarterback is becoming. Some of his throws in this past game were absolutely perfect. In today’s film study, we are going to look at two of those throws. Specifically, we will check out the touchdowns to Austin Seferian-Jenkins and Mike Evans, both from the third quarter.
First we look at the touchdown to ASJ.
All screen shots are courtesy of NFL Game Pass.
Next: The ASJ Touchdown