Buccaneers Report Card Versus The Rams
A Martin hamstring injury versus the Cardinals last week threw Charles Sims into the spotlight this week and while he didn’t have a ton of rushing yards he was still effective and had a couple of clutch plays. The third year back from West Virginia wasn’t great on the ground, finishing with just 55 yards on 13 carries, but in typical fashion was deadly through the air and had 69 yards receiving on six catches.
Sims converted a short one yard touchdown to cap a nine play, 75 yard drive, and then later came up with a big 33 yard catch. His biggest play of the game was a 23 yard run on 4th down that would lead to a later touchdown to Mike Evans. Sims converted two first downs on the final Buccaneer drive
Despite a drop that led to an interception, it was a solid game for Sims.
More from Bucs News
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
- Todd Bowles admits he only looks at three things on Bucs schedule
Recent pickup Jacquizz Rodgers wasn’t much of a factor in the game, finishing with five catches for fifteen yards and one catch for eight yards. Rodgers looks to be an adequate backup for the Bucs with some spring in his step and ability to get some extra yards after contact.
The Bucs will be without Doug Martin once again next week versus the Broncos, and they’ll be looking for another 100+ all-purpose yard game from Charles Sims.