This one is as obvious as it gets, but Jameis Winston is the one Buccaneer that can change the game in the biggest way on Sunday. Winston will have to do a lot to get the Bucs in the end zone against a very good Denver defense, especially considering the fact that Doug Martin will still be out of the lineup.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
Winston went off for 405 yards and three touchdowns last week against Los Angeles, but will face an even tougher defense this week. There were a lot of times on Sunday when Winston was a bit off, but it has to be remembered that he was the reason that the Bucs had a chance to win the game. The defense and special teams let Tampa Bay down, but Winston was able to pick the team up with one of the best performances of his career. He is a true game-changer for a franchise that has lacked one at the quarterback position for most of its history.
The Denver defense is a dominant force. Through three weeks, the Broncos have held their opponents to an average of 19 points per game. The Bucs will need to do a lot just to put points up on the board, much less put up enough points to win. If they are to have any chance, Winston has to be at the center of the effort.