Buccaneers: Time to Let Vernon Hargreaves Get Aggressive
It’s time for the Buccaneers to allow their young cornerback to be aggressive. Let him go!
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
Things are looking up for the Buccaneers coming out of the bye. They were staring down the barrel of a 1-4 start with the defending NFC champions looming. A Monday Night win later and things seem a bit more rosy.
But it hasn’t been perfect, we know this.
We hoped the secondary was going to be better and it hasn’t been. The Bucs have allowed a 60% completion percentage and 99.5 passer rating. Overall, the team is ranked 19th in pass defense.
It has been more of the same in 2016 as it was in 2015.
So far through six games, the Bucs have managed three interceptions. If we think back to the preseason, our young draft pick Vernon Hargreaves managed two in one game.
Well, the “Eye in the Sky” has been looking at some tape on Hargreaves, and feels the Bucs need to let him be aggressive. Let’s go to the report, where he compares his coverage from the preseason to now.
As always, all screenshots courtesy of NFL Gamepass (subscription required).