More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
Buccaneers fans are in for an exciting final six games of the season. It has been a long time since the Bucs have been relevant in December, but that is exactly what they are in 2016.
After three straight wins, including the last two over the Chiefs and the Seahawks, they are 6-5 and right in the thick of the race. The Bucs find themselves one game behind the Falcons in the NFC South race, and currently seeded seventh overall in the NFC.
All of a sudden the Bucs are garnering attention across the NFL landscape as well they should be. They are coming together at the right time. Playing well in December often leads to football games in January, so it should be an exciting time.
We know the big names, guys like Jameis Winston, Doug Martin, Mike Evans, and Gerald McCoy just to name a few. But so often it comes down to a role player coming up big to lead that run to glory.
So who could that be for the Bucs? This is the topic of conversation in this week’s staff roundtable. Let’s get right to it.