Buccaneers: Two Big Plays from the Win Over New Orleans
Another win for the Buccaneers in the books. Here are two plays that were key to making that happen.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
The Buccaneers keep rolling off the wins, don’t they? The tally is up to five and we are keeping pace with the Atlanta Falcons. The Rams couldn’t help us out and they fired their coach, but the Bucs are controlling what they can control.
They have cut down the mistakes and the defense is becoming dominant. So dominant, in fact, that the numbers have begun to resemble a certain Super Bowl team of our past. No we aren’t there yet, but things are on an upward trajectory, and fast.
On defense, we often talk about the big names, like Kwon Alexander and Noah Spence to name a couple. Today, however, we are going to look at a different guy.
The “Eye in the Sky” is back with his weekly report, and today we are going to look at one of Tandy’s big plays from late in the game on Sunday. First, we are going to look at the go-ahead touchdown by Doug Martin. Another unsung hero made a key block to spring him. His name is Alan Cross. Let’s head into the film room.
All screen shots courtesy of NFL Game Pass (subscription required).